Message from the Head Teacher
Welcome to Bishop Ullathorne Catholic School web site. I hope the information on this web site will provide you with everything you need to know about our school community.
As a Catholic School, we recognise the uniqueness of your child and the need to build on the firm family Catholic values established in the home and in the Primary School where your child has been educated. Our children here are encouraged to bear witness to Gospel values of love, truth, forgiveness, peace and justice. We believe that a respect for themselves, the school community and the wider world will help them to develop into positive citizens of the future.
We aim to develop the whole child, spiritually, morally, socially, physically and academically. every member of our school community is valued and we endeavour to fulfil the potential of all. While great emphasis is placed on academic achievement, we also aim to foster self-discipline and traditional values which are so important to the development of each child, namely:
- Respect for ourselves, for others and for property
- Partnership with parents, the parishes, primary schools and local community
- School uniform to develop an identity of corporate responsibility and pride in the school community.
- Achievement through endeavour, acknowledging belief that hard work will bring its own rewards.
- Regular homework to extend the abilities and talents of the individual and to develop skills of independent learning.
- Recognition of achievement;for in praising success, we honour and enhance the behaviour which brought it about.
Your child's sense of belonging at school contributes to our sense of community in a happy and supportive atmosphere. Hard working, caring teachers and a sympathetic pastoral team, working in partnership with parents, ensures that a child's time at Bishop Ullathorne is enjoyable and successful.